Bishop Sylvester Williams, Sr. and the Third Episcopal District Council of Presiding Elders look forward to your presence at the 2015 Spring Convocation. Our spring meeting, which brings together the entire Episcopal District, will convene at the Israel C.M.E. Church in Gary, Indiana, 2301 Washington Street, April 16 – 18, 2015.
Rev. Stephanie Welsh, Pastor of Israel, is the host pastor and Rev. Dr. Essie Clark-George, who leads the Gary District, is the host Presiding Elder. All activities will be held at Israel CME Church.
An outline of the activities is as follows:
- Thursday afternoon (April 16) - The Convocation begins with meetings for Bishop Williams and the Presiding Elders.
- Friday morning (April 17) - There will be a Leadership Training School and Institutes Planning Meeting, as well as other leadership meetings (Joint Board, Bishop's Cabinet, WMC Delegates).
- Friday afternoon - Everyone will assemble for business sessions, training, organization meetings, etc.
- Friday evening - There will be the Service of Holy Communion.
- Saturday (April 18) - The meeting will close with a business session in the morning, followed by the closing worship service.
The following hotels will be used for lodging:
- The Fairfield Inn & Suites, 7720 Corrine, Hammond, IN, (219) 845-6950, (www.marriott.com/chifh) - $99 nightly
- The Courtyard by Marriott, 7730 Corrine, Hammond, IN, (219) 845-6350, (www.marriott.com/chich) - $109 nightly
- The Residence Inn 7740 Corrine, Hammond, IN, (219) 844-8440, (www.marriott.com/chiin) - $129 nightly
Reservations must be received on or before March 20, 2015. The Group Pricing Code is: CME2015. Hotels will be used only for lodging.
Round-trip transportation from Midway Airport is available for only $30. For transportation assistance from Midway Airport, contact Sharon Golden at Israel CME Church: 219-883-3859 no later than 5:00 pm on Tuesday, April 14, 2015.